Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Born of Hope

A good friend and fellow contributor to the Kingdom Triangle asked me if I had seen the prequel to the Lord of the Rings on Utube called "Born of Hope". I could only reply "Huh?". It was created by Kate Madison through an independent film company. My wife and I sat with an adult beverage before our computer last night and watched it.

Amazing! Anyone who is a Tolkien fan or liked the Lord of the Rings or is looking for hope has got to see this 1 hour and 11 minute film. Following the story of Aragorn's father, Arathorn, it chronicles the history that led to Aragorn's birth. It has the same feel and spirit of Lord of the Rings.

I was really struck by how a person chooses over and over to have hope when times are very hard and there doesn't seem to be anything before you but danger, battle, death and trial. I loved the story of the Rangers, the Dunedain, whose purpose of protecting their people meant hardship but the joy of knowing they were making a difference. See this movie!

Click the Title above "Born of Hope" for a link directly to this movie.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this post, Lancer! I especially like the line about making a difference. Very encouraging!

    ReplyDelete