Monday, April 19, 2010

John Paul Jackson Facebook Bloopers#1

I have occasionally had a little fun at John Paul Jackson's Facebook page. I admit it, as a sin, if it is, I admit it. But here's what goes on there: someone, probably not John Paul, but who has heard a few of his teachings, and read a few Christian inspirational books, puts up "spiritual" quotes of the day. Now usually they are in fact encouraging words of a sort, but I have taken to keeping a log of the ones that are, let's just say, a little "off." 


Here's the recent example:
John Paul Jackson - said: God will move heaven and earth to get you where He wants you to be, if you are where He wants you to be.


At first, I was just going to let it go. I mean, I got the basic point of what was being said. But I just could not help myself from commenting. In addition, hundreds of people were "like"-ing this quote, despite it's obvious slight quirk, namely that it was logically goofy, to be nice. 
So I responded, "Wait, let me get this. IF I am where God wants me to be, He will move heaven and earth? If I'm already where He wants me to be then why do I need Him to move heaven and earth? Really? Does anybody check this stuff before they click the "share" button? And why do you people just say "Aman"(sic) to anything on this page? This is too funny!"


And so I will check back occasionally to see how JPJ is doing. I really Like John Paul Jackson and have read practically everything he ever wrote, went to his conferences and training events, and think he may be the closest thing we have today to a real prophet, in the positive, New Testament sense. But even he has to make logical sense in "his" comments online. Right?   





No comments:

Post a Comment