Friday, April 30, 2010

More Avenues to Being Informed

On one of my earlier posts I spoke of my admiration for Jim Puplava as a financial commentator. Today I share my other hero: fellow Texan John Mauldin.

Whereas Jim Puplava is an idealist and an ardent follower of the Austrian School of Economics. John Mauldin is an economic realist. He puts out a free email (actually 2) each week that more than 1 million American leaders and investors read. John I believe is also a Christian, and provides this information so his readers can stay informed. I noted Newt Gingrich this month said he was a regular reader of John Mauldin and recommended his readers also subscribe.

Mr. Mauldin is a president of a hedge fund association. He reads volumes of financial and socioeconomic material from leaders across the financial world each week and reduces it down to readable form on topics he sees as most important. If you want to be in the top 3% of informed Americans subscribe at the link above or at johnmauldin.com. "Thoughts from the Frontline" is John's weekly email. "Outside the Box" is a reprint of a letter he's read he thinks is the best of the week. A lot of this information institutions pay tens of thousands of dollars a year for so it's worth a weekly peruse.

Blessings to your journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment