Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Let's give it a try!

Do you believe God loves you? Then, why do allow yourself to get stressed out? That is the question I am asking myself this morning. If we believe God loves us, then we should also believe that God is available to help us conquer any problem we are facing. I believe God wants us to be joyous, grateful, positive contributors. Through the Holy Spirit He is here to help, and all we have to do is turn to Him throughout our days and nights, especially when we feel stress, anxiety, or loss. Let's give it a try!

3 comments:

  1. So, are you saying, "Don't worry, be happy?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. Don't make fun of me. Believe me, I am in no way underestimating the struggles we all have. The stress I have been enduring has been the worst I have ever experienced. I don't think that is what God wants me to do. I think He wants me to trust Him, and not waste energy stressing out. Easier said than done, which I guess is your point.

    Before we let the emotional parts of our brains overwhelm us, we should ask God to help us THINK. He has the power to enable us to choose wiser courses of actions. Actions that would reflect His love, both for us and for the people we are dealing with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, Bob. i wouldn't make fun of you. It was just a funny way of saying:
    "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is — his good, pleasing and perfect will." -Romans 12:2.

    Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. James 1:2-5

    ReplyDelete