Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Would that be cheating?

Sara was getting her "Sisterlocks" done today, so Jon (10), Greg (9), and I went on a bike ride on the sandy country road. Greg's bike is perpetually under the weather, since he rides it like a cowboy riding a bull, so he took Sara's. First, though, Greg had to make a sign to cover the Barbie bike bag on Sara's bike. "NOT MY BIKE" read the sign.

When Sara (6) got home from getting her hair done, I read her some stories and tucked her in. When it came time for prayers, I ended with "In the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit." "What about the Daughter? Sara yelled indignantly. I told her "I don't know." I suggested she ask God about that the next time she sees HIm. She immediately responded that God is with her all day long. He usually sits in Ian's chair, because Ian is usually absent. The only time God is not with Sara, she asserted, is when she is doing a spelling test. "That would be cheating, to ask God how to spell a word."

1 comment:

  1. Greg: Not My Bike! Hahahaha! Sorry, man, but it's guy code that demands that we other guys rip on you, for riding a girl's bike. Because, hey, it's a girl's bike. Next Man Lesson for you: fixing your own bike! Go, Greg, Go!

    Sarah: I have it on good authority that God is very happy to help you with your spelling.
    "If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking." James 1:5

    ReplyDelete