Thursday, May 6, 2010

Computers can be very annoying

Toyota and Honda are working on robots that read your brainwaves. You are driving down the highway feeling hungry, and suddenly the computer speaks up and tells you what restaurants are nearby. I think I would not appreciate that helpfulness. How about you? I drive a car that has absolutely no computer-controlled functions, and I like it.

I get amused when guys at the grocery selfcheck get furious at the (female voice) computer telling them to put their item in the bag. When they complain I just agree with them that she is very annoying, and slowly move away from them.

(Via Instapundit)

2 comments:

  1. Lord, lead us not into temptation but deliver us from well intentioned (?) but algorythm driven robot computers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! I love watchin' the guys get tweeked by the female voice on the self checks! It's hilarious! I lean over and ask them, "So, does that voice remind you of anyone? Maybe your boss, your mother, your wife? Just kidding..." Then the look you get back is priceless, a sort of "aha!" moment, and then a pleasant smile that says "yeah, ya got me." Isn't that what pubs and country clubs were created to deal with? There used o be places where your average guy could go to just be a guy. But, no, he's just got to pick up tomatoes, whipped cream, and soy sauce on his way home to watch "Sex In The City-the Movie." Geeyaadd! Oh, but what am I complaining about, I'm single, and will spend the whole night watching the entire Die Hard series. O yeah!

    ReplyDelete