Saturday, January 22, 2011

LibriVox.org: Public Domain Audio Books For Free!

I wanted to share a cool tool I found on the web the other day. It's called Librivox. It is a site completely composed of books in the public domain recorded by volunteers and distributed in common formats for you to listen to absolutely for free. How awesome is that? For example, since Mark Twain has been in the news lately, I downloaded a collection of his short stories. Then I found three classic books by Saint Augustine; Confessions, the Enchiridion, and City of God. I have a warning, though. If you already have and are used to professionally recorded audio books you will need to dial down your expectations of the recording and reading, but only a little.  So, if you are like me and you love old books, this is a great find.
So if you see me in my car or on a break chuckling to myself, I'm laughing at a Mark Twain story.

No comments:

Post a Comment