Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Christopher Hitchens, diagnosed with cancer, cancels book tour

Christopher Hitchens
(from Vanity Fair.com)

"I have been advised by my physician that I must undergo a course of chemotherapy on my esophagus. This advice seems persuasive to me. I regret having had to cancel so many engagements at such short notice."


I am saddened to hear of Christopher Hitchens' throat cancer, and will, though he probably would not care much, pray for his recovery and healing. Hitchens, author of the book God Is Not Great, among twenty or so others, is well known as a critic of religion and belief in God, and is also known for his colorful character and wit. I deeply respect his abilities as a writer and speaker, and wish he and his family well as they deal with this challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment