Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Billy Graham- "What would you do differently?"



Yesterday Greta Van Susteran of Fox News interviewed 92-year old Billy Graham. It was the first interview he has done in many years. The best part of the interview was when she asked about his life and call, and what he would do differently if he could do things over again.  


Greta: If you were to do things over again, would you do it differently?
BG: Yes. I would study more. I would pray more, travel less, take less speaking engagements. I took too many of them, in too many places around the world. If I had it to do over again, I'd spend more time in meditation and prayer, and just telling the Lord how much I love 'im, and adore him. And I'm looking forward to the time we're going to spend together for eternity. 

Greta: Why would you speak less when you had such an enormous audience and people listening? Why would you want to speak less?
BG: I didn't that I would speak less in all these great stadiums. I meant that I would speak less at all kinds of conferences and things that I was invited to throughout the world, especially in Great Britain and the United States. Because I'd get up and travel to these places, and I didn't have time to think and study and pray, and I needed time for that. And if I had it to do over again, i would try to organize it much better.

Greta: At what age did you realize that you wanted to be a preacher?
BG: I guess I was about eighteen or nineteen. I was in Florida. I was a student in a small Bible school near Tampa. And it used to be a country club where we had the school and I used to walk the streets in this area that had completely disintegrated because of the Depression at that time. And I would pray and I would ask God for a direction for my life and for the genuine purpose of my life. What am I here for? And one night I was out on the eighteenth green lying there beside the green in the moonlight and the palm trees. And the Lord seemed to call me and said that I was to preach the gospel. And from that time on I began to prepare. By preparation I mean I began to read books that would contribute to what I would say in the years to come. And then I began to realize that my job was to try  win other people to Christ, which I did privately and publicly, which became eventually my sermons that we call evangelism.  

No comments:

Post a Comment